POSTED BY: Agnesinspires
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 || 11:53 AM

Virgin Trip to USS

*Excited!!!* Let me record my 1st trip to USS since it is pretty memorable! Who would have thought that I am 25 and yet I have not stepped into USS before? Ok here goes...

Background story

Let's recap. The reason I got to go to USS was because of a challenge named #SignItForwardChallenge which is to film a video signing 'Celebrate abilities, Embrace inclusiveness'. I decided to do it when I was asked from my boss to do it, because I find it so meaningful and that everyone should be treasured regardless of our disabilities. (Watch the video here) So, I jio-ed a colleague/friend to join me. The video was filmed and posted and I totally did not expect it to garner so many likes, which won us the tickets. I was so happy and relieved to see so many supporting the cause of inclusivity. I was even more shocked when my boss decided to give all 4 tickets to me so that I could go with my family. Thanks ComChest for this opportunity and my #CaptionCube family for the chance. I had fun and think that the event is very meaningful for beneficiaries to come together as one. Have fun, and at the same time participate in inclusive and interactive games and activities like the Jenga Blocks and the 'Guess and Win'.

18th February 2017: Charity in the Park

First Station 

Let me record this when my memory is still fresh! We set off for USS at exactly 6pm and we only reached at around 7pm+ because we lost our way *laughs* because the route was kinda confusing but that is not the point. We went to the reception and collected our tickets and off we go to have fun! Our First stop was Sesame Street: Spaghetti Space Change. Its location is at the New York section of USS. For this ride, I am initially worried that I may not be able to move to the seat because the ride was always in motion. However, I was mistaken as it stopped for a few minutes and I was able to stand and make my way in and it was full of satisfaction and I totally enjoyed the ride. The moment when I successfully stepped in and make myself comfortable was unbelievable but I did it! 

(Photo credit: Youtube Video [SG Yap])

(My Sis and I in the Sesame Street Ride)

(Smile =))

(Really feel like I'm transported back to childhood times)

Next Station
Second stop, we went to the 'Lights, Camera, Action' hosted by Steven Spielberg. It is located at the New York Section of USS. Its visual effects were superb and I really enjoyed but waiting time was a bit too long and yet I did not get to enjoy the full effects. It was for some safety reasons that I cannot move beyond a certain distance. But nevertheless it was a good experience.

(Photo credit: RWS Singapore)

Next Station 
Next Stop, we went to the Madagascar: A Crate adventure rides which is located in the Madagascar section of USS. This is the ride which its wait was the longest, partly because we were waiting for the safety boat. At first, I was quite worried of not being able to take this ride but was reassured by the staff that I need not worry. They is a boat dedicated to taking passengers with wheelchair and I am so happy, I got to hop on! Yay! 


(Up on the boat and ready to go!!) 

The Last Station 
The last station that I was able to participate was the Shrek 4-D Adventure which I enjoyed the most because it was really interesting and I was captivated by the effects! I was also glad that I managed to climb up the chair to enjoy the whole experience and it was really unforgettable experience as the seats moved, and the donkey sneezed. *laughs*

(Photo credit: Youtube [Javi Rod]) 

(Smile =3)

The Fun goes on for the rest... Thrilling Rides up Next

Next, we proceed to the Revenge of the Mummy ride which is located in the Ancient Egypt of USS. My younger sister enjoyed the ride compared to the previous times she had taken the ride. 

The last ride of the day is Battlestar Galactica: Human VS Cylon! 
My sister enjoyed this the most because she says it is the most thrilling ride of the night! 


Conclusion/Afterthoughts

(Pic Credit: Comchest SG FB page)

Overall, it was definitely a meaningful initiative and event that build awareness, outreach and impact in their unique ways. Quoting my company at CaptionCube, "we believe in supporting where we can. As we come together, we build a stronger ecosystem that supports one another and create more impact." As long as people work together as a community to build a more inclusive society. 

I really enjoyed myself albeit the rides I could take were limited plus I wished I could spend more time there, but i am already contented being able to experience the fun. I hoped my sisters and brother-in-law enjoyed the event and rides as much as me! It was a memorable experience indeed. :) I also wished I could take part in more meaningful community events. In the future, I hoped I am able to go to such events with my motorized wheelchair and interact more with the people. 

Thanks for going with me and not letting me regret the chance given by my fellow colleagues. Of course, thanks to Community Chest for having us and my fellow CaptionCube friends for giving me the chance. Grateful and thankful indeed! 

So, Together, Let's build a warm and inclusive society one step at a time! Cheers! Till next time! Ciao! 




Older Posts || Newer Posts