POSTED BY: Agnesinspires
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 || 4:08 PM

Jam Packed Day

3 January 2018

It was really an adventurous start to my life. Consecutive days of going out have not happened to me before so I am really grateful to experience this. It was kind of tiring but very satisfying as well. Loved that my buddy was able to bring me around although it was very tough getting to push me here and there on a packed schedule...

So here goes...

We first started with going back to office and it was my first ever time taking the bus to my office and lucky I was feeling all good in the bus :) In the bus, I was kind of worried about the work I was due to do but haven't yet finished but luckily all was good. It was also the first time I brought work to the office to do and working in office is definitely a good experience as I was more motivated to complete my work. However, I knew that long-term going to the office to work will take a toll on my health and that is not what I want! But still, it was a very good experience! And occassionally, such experience is good and will look forward to it!

At around 4.15pm, we were sent to run errands and we had to go the DBS Building in Marina Boulevard and it was again my first time going around that place. And, just for commemorative purposes, we took a photo there :) We then proceed to Mos Burger because my bud was craving for it, but I got to snag her corn soup which warmed up my soul (LOL)




3rd Step - Take the Downtown Line to Bencoolen It was again my first time taking a train in the Downtown Line of the MRT. It reminded me of the times I took the North East Line which goes from Outram to Hougang. During that time, we have to go to my grandma house every Saturday but we enjoyed it because it was a safe haven for us at that time. Okay, I digress, back to the Downtown Line.

It was only a few stops from Downtown Station to Bencoolen but I sort of enjoy the vibes of being in an MRT except that next time if I would to take it, I am extremely afraid of the gaps which will eat up my wheels if one aren't careful. But most important thing is to get stronger which I am at it. Okay, I digress again.

One thing I noticed was that the DTL exits was kinda confusing for a wheelchair user, because not all exits have lifts and we had to figure out which had one and to head for it. Took many 冤枉路 but along the way, we saw the essence for CBD workers, keke!

We reached our destination on the dot, and I was kinda scared of the cargo lift that got us up to our destination, but luckily, my bud was with me.

Photo Credit: The Brave Shapes. Co Website

Once, we got there, there was another hurdle which was a step up. The first impression was of course a very cosy and homely community feel! The chief welcomed us and I began my consultation while my bud went for her workout session. It was a really cozy vibe and the chief asked me a number of questions, from goals to my physical strength and condition. He was positive that my goals were achievable and doable as long as there is determination to continue. However, there was still another aspects before I got to start class proper - Getting approval from my doctor and some scan reports and I'm good to go!

After the consultation, I went to sit-in for a observation of how the classes were conducted. It was indeed the "Super Chill Workouts" which piqued my interest, and went to their website to read their story which was a motivating factor why I decided to arrange for a consultation. It is amazing to see how they relied on a referral by words of mouth which interestingly enough, was refreshing and really shows the power of that. Really look forward to ma first session there :)

It was pretty intriguing to find out for myself if it was really chill workouts but indeed it was. Go to their website to find out more - The Brave Shapes. Co

Before you knew it, you will be signing up for a session and be working through your goals in a chill setting to help you reach whatever goals you want without sacrificing your diet!

4th Stop - Dinner

After that, we proceeded to dinner and walking around the vicinity and went to look-see, look-see in National Design Centre.

Random Photo in NDC
After that, we went to have dinner which was at...... *Drum Rolls*
 Champion Ramen - Oh my, their ramen are my current favorites.

Some sense of Familiarity after visiting it in T3
The Special Tonkatsu Ramen

Special Tonkatsu/Pink Ramen ($15.90) was as usual the bomb for me as its soup broth was the star here. The beetroot and blueberries gave it its pink hues which looks pretty but dude, I don't taste the hint of blueberries though. But, it was really nice as the ramen and egg will cooked to perfect standards and the broth was creamy and smooth which twirled in my mouth and really loved slurping up the soup everytime I ate. It was just so good... for now... till I find one that overrides it. After the full and satisfying dinner, we rubbed our bellies with delight but we decided to go a step further by going for desserts for Traditional Tau Hway. Afterall, what is the best end to a meal - Desserts!


Last Stop - Desserts

This really was the highlight of the day as we travelled far and wide to get it but I should opted for sweeter version plus I was too full to finish it but I enjoyed the vibes and ambience and company very much and it was a good end to an otherwise good day, which it had been a long time I haven't had such a happening day!

跋山涉水 to get this tau hway lol! 

Desserts - TADAH

Last Stop - HOME SWEET HOME 

It was pretty late by the time we were done with desserts and we decided to uber home. All in all, I really enjoyed this kind of jam packed schedule once in awhile and it is refreshingly good and more things to look forward in the future.

More adventures in 2018, and my blog will be updated more often, haha! Bye and have a good week ahead!

(Note: I have 3 appointments this month, which made it a super sian month of doctor appointment, but hey, look on the bright side :) )

Older Posts || Newer Posts