POSTED BY: Agnesinspires
Saturday, January 6, 2018 || 10:56 PM

Start the New Year With a Bang!!!

Year 2017 have passed by swiftly, in the blink of an eye! 2017 have been good but I hope 2018 will be even better!

2 January 2017
It started with a Company Overview Cum Self Care Reflection Session + KTV Session! I reached ACE office punctually at 10am and we proceeded to gather together with our food items. As I only brought 2 packets of Milo Biscuits, I was still afraid that it will seem pathetic lol. So, we started the session with drinking tea which our boss lovingly made from Hush Teabar. It had a nice touch of fruity flavour and balanced flavours.

We ate and drank tea and started our session proper with exercises of the 3Rs - Review, Reflect and Release. Really had a good time pondering about the questions and using this time to reflect and be thankful to not others around us but also to ourselves for braving 2017 with will and grit. The answers to this questions allows us to think critically and objectively. Overall, it was a great exercise for self to reflect about the year in greater detail.

(It was also a great eating session as we get to eat breakfast cooked by FY)

Sharing our thoughts...
After the questions were done, we had lunch at Timbre+, which I regretted eating Fishball Kway Tiao but oh well, my dinner time made up for that. We then proceeded to meeting room to have some more team thinking and CaptionCube Strategy plan for 2018. I was feeling so sleepy because it's been so long I have been listening in to lessons since Secondary School. Furthermore, I think the zzz monster crept up after our lunch but we did have a good session as we shared ideas and thinkings with everyone. I do reaffirm that it is important to have understanding among colleagues and help one another as we walked forward in 2018. I will do my best in work though my Carpal Tunnel will crept up but it can be better managed with discipline and rest when needed.

After about 2 hours, we will done with strategy thinking and off we go for our next activity - KTV!
However, the weather wasn't cooperating and it was still drizzling when we were about to leave the office to go Star Vista.

But overall, I had a good time and a nice experience. And moreover, I actually decided not to sing at all but managed to sing a total of 5 songs which was a feat for me I guess. I seems to be reserving all my firsts for CaptionCube and all my colleagues hehe... So, it was my first time really singing in a KTV. It seems like a momentum because after singing the first song, I felt like singing the 2nd...3rd and 4th....

Just to record here, the songs I sang were:
  • 小酒窝 by JJ Lin
  • 25 Minutes by Micheal Learns To Rock
  • 宁静 by Fish Leong
  • 童话 by 光良
  • and
  • 朋友 by 周华健
I dedicated the last song to my colleagues/friends!! It was very liberating to sing but I sang all the oldies man and I do feel so old but so good...! 

KTV time passes by in the blink of an eye. 

Some shots we taken as a team...
To commemorate...

Singing our hearts out... 

After that, I went for dinner with my buddy cum colleague!! We went to walk around Star Vista before we went for dinner, because I haven't been to this part of Singapore lol! Thanks Feng Yi for pushing me around to look around. I was craving for Unagi Bento boxes but no restaurant was having it. In the end, we settled for OMOOMODON which is a Korean Fusion Food store because they offer grilled eel which I have been wanting to eat.

However, yo my disappointment, the grilled eel was sold out, so I settled for salmon instead. We opted for the Build our own don meal, which I added Korean White rice, Grilled Salmon, Kimchi Omelette and Teriyaki Sauce. Very Filling and yummy dinner I will say but still a bit disappointed I did not get to eat my unagi, keke!

Spongebobs and his pet snail. 
While waiting around the mall, I went in to Jmart and got a packet of ramen (For FY to cook for me when I going her house) and a packet of seaweed instant soup which I loved the other time my mom got it from Isetan :) Wow, Japanese Foods do not come cheap but they are so good and to die for, haha! I also got a packet of Salted Egg Crisps from Golden Duck which was yummy and addictive. Only thing, it is too thin but I enjoyed the symphony of the Salted egg, Curry leaves and chili flakes.

I have not tried the ones at irvins but there were always out of stock. Wanted to buy one to try at Shopee but was skeptical of the authenticity
My Salmon Don :)

So true... Treasure your life!
:) So, what are u waiting for? 
Who do you think is stupider? 
Oops...

All in all, it was a great day out and we had a deep thinking session and we think deeply as well as have fun together as a team! More again next year. Will be back again with another adventure as soon as I organised my thoughts and draft out the next post. Till again! <3 ciao!

Older Posts || Newer Posts